For decades, freeze-dried foods have been one of the best long-term food storage options for emergencies and a lot more. Now, you can bring that technology home to freeze-dry your own food for camping trips, disaster preparation, and healthy eating for a fraction of the price. It’s called the Harvest Right Freeze Dryer and it’s available to order at Coastal.
Freeze Dried Innovation
Harvest Right Freeze Dryers are hand-assembled with care in Salt Lake City, Utah. That means they’re made in the USA and built to last! These machines work the same as the huge, industrial models in preserving the original flavor, color, and 97% of the nutrients in your food, but it does it on a much smaller scale. The smallest machine can fit almost anywhere – including the utility room or garage.
How Long Does Food Last?
Freeze-drying food and storing it in an airtight container with an oxygen absorber can help food keep for up to 25 years. That’s a long time, especially when it comes to emergency preparation. Instead of rotating food every six months, freeze-dry it instead. It will save you time and money.
Freeze Dry Almost Anything
These machines can freeze dry meat, produce, dairy products, and complete meals. All you have to do is plug it in, load it, push a button, and wait for it to get done. It’s all automatic. Freeze dry food for:
- Emergency preparation that’s ready when you need it
- Food storage that lasts up to 25 years
- Less waste when you freeze dry what you grow in your garden
- Healthy living with fruits and vegetables that are easy to take and go
- Outdoor adventures with freeze-dried meals that are easy to prepare and even easier to clean up
Freeze Dry Your Pet Food
Add your own freeze-dried meats to your pet’s kibble for a preservative-free boost to their daily nutrition. The Harvest Right Freeze Dryer lets you freeze dry meat and other ingredients at a fraction of the cost.
Make Free-Dried Zucchini Flour
Did you plant too much zucchini this year? With a freeze drier, you can make flour from your surplus zucchini and use it to replace some of the all-purpose flour in your recipes. Most recipes can use upwards of 1/3 cup of zucchini flour alongside 2/3 cup all-purpose flour. Here’s how make yours.
- Wash, dry and slice your zucchini.
- Freeze dry it. Be sure to follow the instructions.
- Put your freeze-dried zucchini into a blender.
- Blend on high until it is reduced to a fine powder.Depending on how much zucchini you have, this could take some time.
- Store your zucchini flour in the freezer until you’re ready to use it. We recommend freezer-safe zip-lock bags.
Order Your Freeze Dryer at Coastal
The Harvest Right home model comes in several sizes and is packed with everything you need to get started including mylar bags, oxygen absorbers and an impulse sealer. Stop by your West coast-owned and operated Coastal location to order yours and discover a new way to preserve food and save money. .