Whether you’re hosting or attending a holiday get-together, all you need to be the star of the party are a handful of ingredients, a smoker, and an hour of your time. Check out our latest Homemade for the Holidays recipe to make your own Smoked Sweet & Spicy Party Mix.
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons BBQ seasoning (we like Traeger Rub or Jerky Rub)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tabasco or other hot sauce (optional)
- 16 cups dry snacks (we used Corn ChexTM, Rice ChexTM, mini-pretzels, oyster crackers, cheese crackers, and goldfish crackers)
- Set smoker to maintain indirect heat of 180 to 200º F.
- While that heats up, combine all of your snacks into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, microwave the butter until melted. Then stir in the BBQ seasoning, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and optional hot sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the wet and dry ingredients together. Mix thoroughly to ensure even coverage.
- Place your mixture into one or more square/rectangular pan(s). Aluminum, disposable pans work great.
- Place your pan(s) into the smoker and close the lid. Leave it in the smoke for 1 hour or until the snacks are crisp and smoky. Be sure to mix/stir your creation every 20 minutes to achieve a uniform smokey flavor.
- Allow to cool before placing in bags or other containers.
Coastal is Your Holidays Headquarters
Your Northwest owned and operated Coastal is packed with gift items for everyone on your shopping list. Plus, you’ll find everything you need for your country way of life, including hunting and fishing gear, fencing, feed, workwear, boots, tools, as well as automotive and livestock supplies.