What better way to celebrate the holidays than with a jar of blender salsa. Make a few for your family or give them out as gifts. This easy-to-make and even easier-to-enjoy creation is sure to be a favorite.
What You’ll Need
- ½ red onion
- 1 bunch cilantro (wash and cut off large stems)
- 1 4oz. can mild green chilies
- 1 jalapeño (cut in half and remove seeds)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons jarred jalapeño (you’ll also need 2 tablespoons jalapeño liquid from the jar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 15oz. cans diced tomatoes
Add all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender except the tomatoes. Pulse to combine (30 seconds) or until everything is finely chopped.
Add both cans of diced tomatoes and pulse for another 30 seconds. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
Serve with chips.