Fresh veggies and grilled shrimp are a favorite throughout the Northwest. Pull together the list of ingredients and heat up your grill. These individual packets will bring a smile to everyone’s face, and make your neighbors jealous from the delectable aromas. Feeds up to four people. Directions and list of ingredients can be found below the how-to video.
- 1 pound baby or small red potatoes
- 2 ears of corn (shucked and sliced into 1-inch thick disks)
- 1 (13 oz.) Cajun style rope sausage (sliced into 1/4"-inch thick disks)
- 1 pound large raw shrimp (peeled and divided)
- 6 tablespoons butter (slice into smaller chunks)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seafood seasoning (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves (chopped)
Preheat your grill to about 425º.
Cut 8 sheets of 12x14-inch aluminum foil (you’ll be using 2 sheets of foil per packet). Place the 4 complete sheets aside.
Place potatoes on a plate and microwave on high for 1 ½ minutes. Rotate and microwave an additional 1 ½ minutes. Once the potatoes are cool, cut them into quarters.
Divide potatoes among each of the four double-lined foil sheets. Layer the ingredients in the middle of the foil sheet.
Place corn, sausage, and shrimp on top of the potatoes.
Melt butter in a microwave-safe dish. Once melted, stir in lemon juice, thyme, and garlic.
Drizzle butter mixture evenly among the four packets (about 2 tablespoons on each). Sprinkle ½ teaspoon seafood seasoning on each of the packets. Then, wrap up the sides of the foil, crimping the edges to seal them shut.
Grill with the sealed side up for about 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and shrimp have thoroughly cooked.
Coastal tip: Place packets on the top rack to avoid burning potatoes (if your grill runs hot).
Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
You’re the King of the Grill at Coastal
You’ll find a full line of grills at your Northwest owned and operated coastal, including smokers, gas grills and camping stoves. Swing by your local store and go home with everything you need for your Northwest country lifestyle.