Sweet-to-eat summertime treats are a snap to create when you have the right ingredients, an outdoor grill, and a set of directions. This apple crisp pizza on the grill dessert will go fast, so be sure to grab a piece for yourself before it’s all gone. Recipe directions and list of ingredients are below the how-to video.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (for apples)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (for topping)
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup salted butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium Gala, Fiji or similar apples (peeled and diced)
- ½ cup caramel topping
Preheat Big Green Egg or other grill to 350º F.
Roll pastry to fit on a baking stone. The Big Green Egg baking stone available at your Northwest owned and operated Coastal is a good choice. Fold the edges to give the pizza a bit of a raised crust.
Combine sugar, flour, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add peeled, diced apples and toss.
Arrange apple mixture in a single layer on the pie crust. Ensure it is completely covered to the edge.
To create the topping, combine ½ cup of flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and butter in a bowl. Mix well, and sprinkle topping evenly over the apples.
Grill at 350º F for 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from the grill and immediately drizzle with caramel topping.
Finally, cut pizza into 12 equal slices and serve warm with ice cream.