The beehives you see today were invented in 1851. They haven’t changed much since then. But what has changed is how easy it is to put one together. Setting up your hive can be quick and easy when you have a Harvest Lane Honey hive from Coastal. John and the Coastal crew will show you how.
John and the Coastal crew set up a Harvest Lane Honey beehive.
What Comes with the Kit
The kit has everything you need to get started. Including frames, covers, a hive body, foundation, bottom board, reducer, feeder, smoker, hive tool and bee brush. Plus, these kits grow with you and your bees. Just add more boxes and other accessories, such as a frame perch, bee feeder and more.
Harvest Lane Honey Beekeeping Set with Accessories
- 10 Frames
- Outer and Inner Cover
- Deep Hive Body
- Deep Frames with Plastic Foundation
- Bottom Board
- Entrance Reducer
- In-Hive Feeder
- Smoker and Fuel
- Hive Tool
- Bee Brush
Putting it All Together
- Place the hive stand on level ground. Pick a spot that faces southeast, if possible.
- Place the bottom board on the hive stand.
- Set your hive body on the bottom support. The frames and feeder should already be in the box.
- Place the inner cover on top of the box.
- Then, finish it off with the flat hive top and fit the entrance reducer on the front.
- Finally, add your bees.
Here’s a Coastal tip: Before you buy a hive, check your local city and county ordinances for restrictions on beekeeping.
Coastal is Your Beekeeping Headquarters
Whether you’re a pro or just getting started, Coastal carries beekeeping kits and all the accessories you need to expand and build new hives. Stop by today and our pros will show you everything you need.