Animals | December 11, 2021
Homemade for the Holidays: Super Simple Dog Treats
Your family loves special holiday treats, right? Now, you can surprise everyone in your household, even the four legged tail-wagging ones, with these homemade for the holidays dog treats that take less than an hour to make. They’ll love them so much, you might consider making two batches.
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup flour (whole wheat)
- Canine cookie cutters (we used a bone-shaped cutter)
- Preheat your oven to 300º F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all of your ingredients in a bowl and mix completely into a nice ball of pliable dough.
- Lightly flour your surface and roll the dough out to ¼” thick. Use cookie cutters or cut out shapes with a knife.
- Place your cookies on the parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- The treats will harden as they cool.
Get Your Holidays Underway at Coastal
Your Northwest owned and operated Coastal is the perfect place for all of your holiday shopping. That includes gift ideas for the pets and people on your gift list. Check out our 2021 Holiday Gift Guide today.