Coastal Country Club Terms and Conditions
COASTAL COUNTRY CLUB
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Revision Date: 11-11-21
Coastal Farm & Home Supply LLC, doing business as Coastal Farm & Ranch, offers to its customers a rewards program called the Coastal Country Club (the “Club”). By enrolling in the Club, each participant (referred to herein a “member”) hereby agrees to be bound by the Coastal Country Club Terms and Conditions (this “Agreement”), which is described in detail below.
- Program Sponsor. The sponsor of the Club is Coastal Farm & Home Supply LLC, doing business as Coastal Farm & Ranch (“Coastal,” “we,” “us”). The corporate office is located at 1355 Goldfish Farm Road, SE, Albany, Oregon 97322.
- Eligibility Requirements. In order to enroll in the Club, a person must be at least 18 years old and a legal resident of the state of Oregon, Washington, or California. The Program is currently void outside of Oregon, California, and Washington and where otherwise prohibited. Coastal business accounts and 4-H accounts are not eligible. Non-profit organizations are not eligible for membership. Employees of Coastal are not eligible for membership.
- Enrollment. Any eligible individual may enroll in the Club. Enrollment may be completed online at www.coastalcountry.com/club or in-person at any Coastal store location. Online enrollment will require a member to create a new Coastal website account if one does not exist. Program enrollment can be added to an existing Coastal website account. When an individual enrolls in the Club, they will be required to provide certain information to us. If enrollment is completed online, we will request the member’s first and last name, email address, phone number, and zip code. If enrollment is completed in-store, the member will need to provide their first and last name, phone number, and zip code.
We use this information for the purpose of operating and administering the Club and to provide our members with information regarding upcoming offers and promotions, as further described in Coastal’s Privacy Statement, which can be found at the following location: www.coastalcountry.com/about/privacy-policy. Any member may opt out of receiving emails from us for offers and promotions as described in the Privacy Statement; provided, that we may continue to email or contact a member regarding the administration and status of their Program account following an opt-out. In order to stop receiving all electronic communications from us regarding the Club, a member will be required to unenroll from the Club.
- Club Points. Upon enrolling in the Club, a member will become eligible to begin earning “Club Points” or, from time-to-time, other rewards from Coastal. Club Points are earned by purchasing products from any Coastal store or through its website. For each one dollar ($1) spent on eligible purchases, a member will be awarded one (1) Club Point.
In order to earn Club Points on a purchase, the member must take the following steps: (a) for online purchases, the member must log in to their Coastal website account and complete the purchase process while logged in; or (b) for in-store purchases, the member must enter their phone number (the one used to enroll in the Club) into the credit card terminal or provide it to the cashier at the time of checkout. If a member fails to take one of the steps described in the previous sentence, no Club Points will be earned on such purchases. Club Points cannot be earned retroactively.
Please note that fractional Club Points will not be awarded, and the Club Points awarded for a particular purchase will be rounded up to the nearest dollar, calculated based on the member’s total purchase (not on a per-item basis). Any Reward Dollars (as such term is defined below in Section 5) earned during a particular purchase cannot be applied to such purchase. Club Points are earned based on the final purchase price, less any application of Reward Dollars, excluded products or services, tax, discounts, shipping or delivery costs, gift/egift cards, gift certificates or donations.
A member may not earn Club Points by purchasing non-inventory items such as gift/egift cards or gift certificates, or for in-store services (including shop labor), donations, tickets, etc. For a complete list of excluded items see https://www.coastalcountry.com/club/coastal-country-club-points-item-exclusions. No Club Points will be issued in the event that member receives any promotional items or sweepstakes prizes.
Club Points may take up to 72 hours after a purchase to process before they are available.
A member may view their current Club Points balance through their Coastal website account, or by asking the cashier at the time of purchase.
- Reward Dollars. Upon accumulating Club Points, members will be issued an opportunity to earn Reward Dollars. A “Reward Dollar” is equivalent to a dollar credit that is added to a member’s account that can be used to offset the cost to purchase certain goods from Coastal, subject to the restrictions described in this Agreement. Reward Dollars will be issued as follows: for each 500 Club Points earned, a member’s Program account will automatically be issued $10 of Reward Dollars on account that may be applied by a member to future purchases at a Coastal store or at www.coastalcountry.com. Reward Dollars may take up to 72 hours after a purchase to process before they are available.
- Redemption of Reward Dollars. In order to redeem Reward Dollars, a member must take the following action: (a) for online redemptions, the member must log in to their Coastal website account and complete the purchase process while logged in, at which time the member will have the option to apply Reward Dollars on their account towards the purchase; or (b) for in-store redemptions, the member must enter their phone number (the one used to enroll in the Club) into the credit card terminal or provide it to the cashier at the time of checkout, and request that the cashier apply available Reward Dollars on their account towards the purchase. Reward Dollars cannot be redeemed for cash, applied to past purchases, used for purchasing gift cards, or otherwise credited to any member’s account, unless required by applicable law. For California customers, if the balance of Reward Dollars is less than $10, such customer may redeem unused Reward Dollars for cash at any Coastal location. For Oregon and Washington customers, if the balance of Reward Dollars is $5 or less, then such customer may redeem unused Reward Dollars for cash at any Coastal location. Reward Dollars, Club Points, and Coastal website accounts are not transferrable or assignable, and any attempt to do so may result in forfeiture of such Reward Dollars, Club Points, and accounts.
Coastal may offer additional opportunities to earn Club Points for Program members through other offers or promotions. Unless otherwise described in such offers or promotions, the terms of this Agreement will apply to such other offers and promotions done in connection with the Club.
- Expiration of Club Points and Reward Dollars; Returns. Club Points are earned on an annual basis, and all unconverted Club Points issued will expire at 11:59 pm on March 1st of each calendar year. All unused Reward Dollars will expire sixty (60) days after they were added to the account, regardless of when during the year such Reward Dollars were earned. Coastal reserves the right to modify the expiration frequency and date of Club Points and Reward Dollars.
If an item is returned, whether by a member or in the case of a gift, by the person receiving the item, Club Points will be deducted from the account of the individual who purchased the item in the dollar amount of the returned item. If an item is returned when Reward Dollars were used to purchase the item, the equivalent Reward Dollars will be returned to the customer in the form of a Coastal Gift Card.
- A Club member may unenroll in the Club at www.coastalcountry.com or in-person at any Coastal store location. Upon unenrollment, a member will automatically forfeit all Club Points and Reward Dollars on their account. Coastal may, at its discretion, terminate the account of, and unenroll any individual from the Club, including without limitation, if the individual is determined to be ineligible, engages in fraud or abuse, or for any other lawful reason. Coastal may from time-to-time remove and unenroll Program accounts that have been inactive for more than twenty-four (24) months.
- Administration of Program. Coastal will take commercially reasonable measures to make sure the Club is administered in accordance with this Agreement; however, Coastal is not responsible for: (i) any problems or technical delays, defects, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions in or relating to the administration of the Club; (ii) causes beyond Coastal’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Club; (iii) incorrect or inaccurate member information whether caused by member or by any of the software or equipment associated with or utilized in the Club; (iv) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising related to the Club, in the administration or execution of the Club; or (v) fraud, violations of these Agreement, or any other misuse of the Club by any member or other person.
COASTAL RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO MODIFY, SUSPEND OR TERMINATE THE PROGRAM AND ANY TIME, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO MEMBERS. ANY CHANGE OR MODIFICATION TO THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE POSTED TO WWW.COASTALCOUNTRY.COM/CLUB. MEMBER’S CONTINUED PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF ANY MODIFIED TERMS OR CONDITIONS. PLEASE PERIODICALLY VISIT THE ABOVE WEB ADDRESS TO REVIEW THE CURRENT TERMS BY WHICH MEMBER IS BOUND. IN THE EVENT THAT THE PROGRAM IS TERMINATED, ALL UNREDEEMED CLUB POINTS AND REWARD DOLLARS WILL BE FORFEITED.
- Release & Waiver. Coastal makes no claims, warranties, guarantees or representations of any kind, expressed or implied, with respect to Club Points and Reward Dollars and shall not be liable for any loss, expense (including without limitation, attorneys or inconvenience) that may occur in the use of the Club. BY ENROLLING IN THE PROGRAM AND AGREEING TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, MEMBER AGREES TO FOREVER RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS COASTAL AND ITS RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, LOSS, INJURIES (INCLUDING DEATH) OR DAMAGES ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY REWARD DOLLARS ISSUED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM, MEMBERS WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED TO PARTICIPATE.
- Other Miscellaneous Terms. Members are responsible for paying all federal, state, and local taxes related to any Club Points or Reward Dollars issued. Members are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the information of their Program account. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement pertaining to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior or other arrangements, understandings, negotiations and discussions, whether oral or written. No waiver of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be deemed or shall constitute a waiver of any other provisions herein, nor shall a waiver constitute a continuing waiver unless otherwise expressly provided. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of the Agreement, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
- If member has any questions or concerns, including a request to manually mail a check for a Reward Dollars cash redemption per Section 6, please use the following contact information:
Mail: Customer Service
PO Box 99, Albany, OR 97321
- Individual Arbitration of Disputes; Jury Trial Waiver. PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES MEMBERS AND COASTAL TO AGREE TO RESOLVE ALL DISPUTES BETWEEN THE PARTIES THROUGH BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND LIMITS CERTAIN RIGHTS THAT MEMBERS MIGHT HAVE, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO MAINTAIN A COURT ACTION, THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL, THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY FORM OF CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE CLAIM, THE RIGHT TO ENGAGE IN DISCOVERY EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THE ARBITRATION RULES, AND THE RIGHT TO CERTAIN REMEDIES AND FORMS OF RELIEF. OTHER RIGHTS THAT MEMBER OR COASTAL WOULD HAVE IN COURT ALSO MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION.
Member and Coastal agree that they will resolve any disputes through binding and final arbitration instead of through court proceedings. All controversies, claims, counterclaims, or other disputes arising between Member and Coastal relating to the Club or this Agreement (each a “Claim”) shall be submitted for binding arbitration. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation, and enforcement, of the agreement to arbitrate in this Section 13 shall be initiated through the Arbitration Service of Portland (“ASP”). The parties may also mutually agree on an alternative arbitrator. The rules of the selected arbitrator shall govern all aspects of this arbitration, including, but not limited to, the method of initiating and/or demanding arbitration, except to the extent such rules are in conflict with this Agreement. The ASP rules governing the arbitration are available online at https://www.arbserve.com/. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single, neutral arbitrator in the State of Oregon and matters thereunder will be decide pursuant to Oregon law. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
In any circumstances where the foregoing agreement to arbitrate permits the parties to litigate in court, any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action shall be resolved individually in the state or federal courts located in Lane County, Oregon, under Oregon law.
Member acknowledges and agrees that, regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action member may have must be filed within one (1) calendar year after such claim or cause of action arises, or forever be barred.
If the member demonstrates that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Coastal will pay as much of the administrative costs and arbitrator's fees required for the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the cost of the arbitration from being prohibitive. However, Coastal will not pay member’s share of the arbitration fees if the arbitrator finds that either member’s claim or the relief sought is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose, as measured by the standards of Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b).
This agreement to arbitrate does not preclude member from seeking action by federal, state, or local government agencies. Member and Coastal also have the right to bring qualifying claims in small claims court. In addition, member and Coastal retain the right to apply to any court of competent jurisdiction for provisional relief, including pre-arbitral attachments or preliminary injunctions, and any such request shall not be deemed incompatible with this Agreement, nor a waiver of the right to have disputes submitted to arbitration as provided in this Agreement.
WAIVER OF CLASS ACTIONS. NEITHER MEMBER NOR COASTAL MAY ACT AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, NOR PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER OF A CLASS OF CLAIMANTS, WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM. CLAIMS MAY NOT BE ARBITRATED ON A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE BASIS. THE ARBITRATOR CAN DECIDE ONLY MEMBER AND COASTAL'S INDIVIDUAL CLAIMS. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. MEMBER AND COASTAL BOTH AGREE THAT THEY ARE KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVING ANY RIGHT THAT THEY MAY HAVE TO A JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ANY LITIGATION ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT.
If any provision of this Section 13 is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then that specific provision shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed, but the remainder of this Section 13 shall continue in full force and effect. No waiver of any provision of this Section 13 will be effective or enforceable unless recorded in a writing signed by the party waiving such a right or requirement. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of the Club or Member’s Program account.
OPTION TO OPT-OUT: To opt-out of the agreement to arbitrate described in this Section 13, member must notify us in writing within 30 days of it first becoming applicable to member (i.e., within 30 days of member first agreeing to a version of this Agreement containing the Agreement to arbitrate). To opt-out of this agreement to arbitrate, member must mail written notification to Coastal to the attention of the “Legal Department” at Coastal Farm & Ranch, PO Box 99, Albany, OR 97321 and state that member wants to opt-out of this arbitration provision.