Important Steps Coastal is Taking in Response to COVID-19
To our valued customers and communities:
At Coastal, we know the importance of the role that our stores play in your lives, and we are committed to remaining open to provide you and your families with the essential items you need. Now, more than ever, we are focused on the health and well-being of our employees, customers, and their families and the communities we serve. As a leading supplier of animal feed and health products, pet foods, and heating fuel sources essential to your daily lives, we are dedicated to doing everything we can to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
There are several ways we are accomplishing this:
- Taking care of you. Coastal has adopted best practices as outlined by the US Center for Disease Control to help guide our operations. This includes the following:
In accordance with CDC and state health guidelines, we are requiring all customers and employees to wear masks. Together we can keep everyone safe.
- We have installed fiberglass sneeze shields at the checkout area for the protection of our associates and customers.
- A rigorous cleaning regimen for all high-touch areas, including cash register areas, shopping carts, bathrooms, handles, etc.
- We have closed our dressing rooms.
- Coastal has established, implemented, and is enforcing social distancing policies.
- We are monitoring the number of customers in our stores and, when needed, limiting the total number of people in the store based on the store’s specific square footage.
- We have a designated area with social distancing markers for customers who must wait outside to enter the store.
- We have cleared walkways of extra displays to allow for social distancing.
- We have added signage, both hanging and on the floor, to remind people to maintain the recommended 6-10 foot social distance.
- We ask that all customers and associates honor this requirement.
- Coastal takes care of our team members.
- We now provide paid emergency leave.
- We pay bonuses to all associates, helping them to cope with financial stresses during this difficult time.
- Coastal makes it possible for employees who are able to work from home to do so.
- Coastal has made significant investments in technology to advance our online communication(s).
- We want to ensure that our website CoastalCountry.com is a valuable resource to each of our communities
- Many of our most popular items are available to buy online and pickup in-store.
- We have instituted curbside pick-up.
- You can call ahead to your local store to verify stock on any product not available online.
Coastal will continue to comply with both Oregon and Washington Health Authorities and use their guidance to develop best practices.
On behalf of our entire team, we thank you for working with us through this challenging time. Your understanding, patience, and compassion are what make Coastal customers the best out there.
Though these are difficult times, together, we will get through them.